A Priva Compass consists of a Gateway and one or more Controllers.
All notable changes to Priva Compass Controller will be documented in this article.
October 10, 2019:
- New feature! It is now possible to make an irrigation valve a slave valve. The slave valve will not have its own settings but will use the settings of the master valve. This feature allows you to make changes in one master valve that will affect all slave valves.
- New feature! Continuous operation of your business is key and therefore we now allow you to create backups of the Compass control settings and to restore them again. Main purpose for this feature is to be able to get your system running again as fast as possible after for instance a lightning strike. Please make sure that the Compass controller to which you restore a backup has the same properties (IO modules and license) as the controller from which the backup was made. The backup file cannot be stored on the Compass gateway for safety reasons and can be e-mailed easily since the backup size is only a few kilobytes. To access the backup and restore feature, you will need to go to the gateway setup page and select a controller.
- From Operator, select “Gateway setup” and enter your pin code.
- Click on the “Device setup” of the controller you want to backup or restore.
- Click on the sprocket to access the controller settings.
- Click on the application tab to see the backup and restore settings.
- Vent directions used to be called Lee, Wind, and Standard. The text for standard has now been changed to “Non directional”
- It is now possible to change the names of your zones. From the Operator screen, select the ‘Settings’ tab. Click on the ‘edit label’ button to change the text in the header. When you have completed the changes, click on the ‘done editing’ button to save the changes.
- Improvements were made in the layout of water system alarms screen.
- When working with custom control programs, the light intensity now has the right unit.
- If you were using servo controls for your dosing channels, the position of the servo motor now will be remembered if power failure occurred while the water system was in alarm.
- At low wind speeds, the wind direction changes often when using the modbus weather station (WSC11). We introduced a ten-minute wind average to stabilize the wind direction reading.
- If you were using a mixing valve for irrigation water heating and had it set with a fixed temperature, the FIXED_TEMP status would not be displayed as the status. Also, If the mixing valve is configured to control for fixed temperature, the minimum water temperature setting was not used and is now hidden
- A wind sensor alarm will now be triggered if a Priva wind direction sensor is not working. Previously it would only be triggered by a high wind speed.
- Since the basic irrigation has only one strategy, it is not possible to use the crop ageing settings to switch irrigation strategies for the valves. The crop ageing settings are now hidden when using basic irrigation.
- Crop ageing settings can be adjusted without alarm message.
- The chart for the general measurement sensors showed the units as degrees centigrade and would show the wrong value if the Operator display was set to Fahrenheit. Since general measurements unit are undefined, the units are now left blank.
- Sunrise and sunset calculations were one day off when the Compass is in the eastern hemisphere.
- If an irrigation cycle was started manually and a power failure occurred during or shortly after the manual irrigation cycle, the irrigation cycle would start over after the power had been restored.
- The variable “Where desired recipe is set at” in the valve settings is lost after a power failure.
- Custom control programs could not be overridden if the “Use program” variable was set to NO.
- The external hold digital input is now also part of the basic water system program. If customers want to use the basic water system program for valve capacity control and do not have an actual pump, they would still need to set a digital output so that they could activate the program. This would cost them a digital output. They could always set an external halt digital input to activate the program but that digital input was not available on the basic water system up till now.
- When the tank fill valve was placed in a queue in a water system, it would always remain at the end of the queue. Other valves that would go in the queue after the tank fill valve would run before the tank fill valve had started.
- If you set up a number of irrigation tanks but did not set up tank #1, the settings to control the tanks would not appear.
- The Groscale plant weight measurement will shows changes on the chart to a resolution of 100 grams instead of 1 kilogram.
- Infrared plant temperature sensors were incorrectly set up to be voltage inputs instead of current inputs.
July 4, 2019:
- Shutdown of the controller has been improved during a restart or update.
- When a I/O module is replaced with a compatible I/O module, then the outputs are not automatically enabled for safety reasons. A confirm I/O module line up action is needed on the I/O connection tab in the controller setup, to enable the outputs again.
April 8, 2019:
- Missing misting settings restored
- Drain calculations and VPD accumulations for irrigation valves are remembered after a power failure
- Alarm messages for wind speed and energy systems improved
- Outside temperature influences on mixing valves improved
- Updated translations
March 8, 2019:
- Rearranged irrigation strategy page according to week clock settings.
- Translation updates for most languages
- Improved display of the zone dashboard, especially for the misting and CO2 cards.
- Growing lights shows correct units in charts
- After updating or restarting the controller the settings no longer could be reset, e.g. for the dosing channels
- Zone numbers must be unique in the network
- Improved assigning I/O channels when line-up is not confirmed
- Improved communication after updating the controller software
December 14, 2018:
- Solved issue where water system stops when using a combination of 'flush valves', 'valves of different recipes' and 'valves that can interrupt other valves'
- Problem fixed when loading I/O Connection page
- Assigning meteo (weather) sensors solved
- Graphs of the flow (measured and calculated) have the same range
- Level measurement tank at 0% blocked irrigation. With 0% setting at restart water system and stop level water system, it's possible to irrigate
- Support new type of weather station WSC11
- Adjustable buzzer volume
- A water system can now:
- have 20 irrigation tanks
- have up to 20 recipes available
- have 16 dosing channels
- be linked. This means that a recipe can draw water from another water system
- Recipes can draw water from tanks in different zones
- A rinsing valve has been added to flush a recipe out of an irrigation line before a new recipe is selected
- Irrigation recipes can be selected per valve or per irrigation strategy
- Improved irrigation tank level monitoring
- Vent status kept changing between Frost position and another status when the vents were released from frost status.
- Improved communication with Gateway
- Measurement cycle of EC, EC pre-control and pH is adjustable now with an increased range, 60 s is the maximum.
- Delayed NTP alarm
- Updated IO firmware to the latest 2.2 release
- The silence method is added to the alarm interface
- Improved radiation sum calculation and unit