The Priva Compass consists of two parts, the Gateway and the Controller. Both the Gateway and the Controller should be kept at the latest release, which you can find here.
Preparation for an update of the Compass
Before updating the Compass system, the following has to be prepared:
- Download the two update packages as mentioned before.
- Be sure the two networks of the Gateway (ETH1 and ETH2) are in separate network ranges.
- Inform the customer/grower that the process computer can’t control and can’t be accessed during the update procedure.
- Collect the user name and password to log into the Operator and the pin code to access the Gateway setup, or someone should be available to log in.
- Be sure that all controls for climate, energy and irrigation are in rest and in a safe position.
Procedure to update the Compass
It is possible that the Gateway will install Windows updates during the restart of the Gateway. You can’t see this, but it could take another 30 minutes before the Gateway can be operated again.
Wait until the update is completed and don't interrupt the update process.
Update the Controller first and then the Gateway.
- Start the Local Operator and log in with the customer’s user name and password.
- Open the apps by clicking the “apps” button.
- Open the Gateway setup by clicking the “Gateway setup” button.
- Use your pin code to log in the Gateway setup.
- Once the Gateway setup screen is shown, navigate to the Controller by clicking on the “device Setup” button on the controller icon.
- Open the “Settings” menu by clicking on the sprocket in the upper right corner of the display
- Select the “Upload platform image” and you will be prompted to select your update file.
- Open the file “Compass_ControllerSetup_xxxxxxxx.zip” and confirm the update.
- A blue page is shown for a while and then a status bar appears. This will take about five minutes and your controller will reset at one point during the update. After the update is finished, the controller will restart, and you will see the Compass setup screen.
- Go back to the Gateway setup by clicking the “exit” button.
- Repeat steps 5 - 10 to update each controller in your network.
- To update the Gateway, go to the Gateway setup screen and select “Upload package”.
- Open the file “Gateway_Setup_x_x_x_xxxxxxxx.zip”.
- Once the file is uploaded, you need to confirm that you want to update the Gateway.
Do not switch off the Gateway at this time!
- The Gateway setup screen will reappear once the update is completed.
- For each controller, press the "Reconnnect" button to load the updated controller screens into the gateway.
- When the updates are completed, you will need to make a backup of the settings and IO of your controller to protect yourself against data loss. Click on the "Device setup" button on the controller.
- Reopen the “Settings” menu by clicking on the sprocket in the upper right corner of the display
- Press the "Backup" button to make a backup of the settings and IO configuration for your controller.
- Save this backup in a secure place
- Repeat steps 17 - 20 for each controller.
- From the gateway setup screen, press "Start Operator" to return to your normal operation.