The Priva Compass consists of two parts, the Gateway and the Controller. Both the Gateway and the Controller should be kept at the latest version, which you can find here.
Preparation for an update of the Compass
Before updating the Compass system, the following has to be prepared:
- Download the two update packages as mentioned before.
- Be sure the two networks of the Gateway (ETH1 and ETH2) are in separate network ranges.
- Inform the customer/grower that the process computer can’t control and can’t be accessed during the update procedure.
- Collect the user name and password to log into the Operator and the pin code to access the Gateway setup, or someone should be available to log in.
- Be sure that all controls for climate, energy and irrigation are in rest and in a safe position.
Procedure to update the Compass
It is possible that the Gateway will install Windows updates during the restart of the Gateway. You can’t see this, but it could take another 30 minutes before the Gateway can be operated again.
Wait until the update is completed and don't interrupt the update process.
Update the Controller first and then the Gateway.
- Start the Operator and log in with the customer’s user name and password.
- Open the apps by clicking the “apps” button.
- Open the Gateway setup by clicking the “Gateway setup” button.
- Use the pin code to log in the Gateway setup.
- The Gateway setup screen is shown.
- Open the Controller by clicking on the “device Setup” button.
- Open the “Settings” menu.
- And select the “Upload platform image”.
- Open the file “Compass_ControllerSetup_xxxxxxxx.zip” and confirm the update.
- A blue page is shown for a while and then a status bar appears. After the update is finished, the controller will restart, and you will see the Compass setup screen.
- Go back to the Gateway setup by clicking the “exit” button.
- You come back in the Gateway setup screen and select “Upload package”.
- Open the file “Gateway_Setup_x_x_x_xxxxxxxx.zip”.
- The file is uploaded and then confirm the update of the Gateway.
Don't switch off the Gateway.
- If the Gateway update is finished, the Gateway screen is shown.
Press the "Disconnect" button to disconnect the Controller from the Gateway.
- After a while the Controller is disconnected. Then press the "Connect" button to connect the Controller to the Gateway.
- This will also take some time. If the Controller is connected you the Controller in the Gateway setup screen with the possibility to disconnect it.
If not, you see the “Retry” button.
Note the address (URL) in the browser before the power supply is removed from the cabinet.
To solve this situation, you have to disconnect the power supply from the Compass cabinet by switching the circuit breaker in the cabinet OFF and then ON again.
Both the Gateway and the Controller will start again.
- If the system is started again, open a browser and type the address to start the Gateway software. The screen as mentioned at step 17 is shown.
- Select “Start Operator” and the Compass Operator will open.
See also What has changed in the software?.