For our customers, Priva provides many cloud services. One of those services is Priva Operator, for remote access to your Priva controllers. This guideline takes you through the steps to bring the cloud connection to your organization.
Step 1) Let us know that you want to connect to the cloud. Talk to your account manager and let them know that you want to set up a my.priva.com account. They will need to know the name of your organization, so they can register you and will need to know your email address so that they can send you an invitation.
Step 2) Wait for an invitation. Once Priva knows that you want to connect to my.priva.com, they will send you an invitation to connect. Since you are the first person in your organization to connect, Priva will invite you as an administrator. As an administrator, you will be able invite more people and control access for them.
If you do not get an invitation, check to make sure it did not end up as spam in your folder.
Step 3) Accept the invitation. The invitation that you receive is valid for two weeks. Simply click on the “Accept Invitation” button and the process will start. You can either create a my.priva.com account, or if you already have an account at my.priva.com, you will be able to log in with that account.
Step 4) Tell a little bit about yourself. Once you accept the invitation, you will be asked for an email address & a display name. The email address is the address you will use to log into your my.priva.com account and the display name is the name that will show up when you are logged in.
Since we want to make sure you are who you say you are, as part of the invitation process, we will send a verification code your email address. If you enter your code and find out that it expired already, simply press the 'Send new code' button to receive a new code. Once you are done this, your my.priva.com account is ready to go!
Step 5) Check your rights. Log into my.priva.com and start up the Access control app. As the account administrator, you can check that you have all the rights you need. These rights include:
- Access control
- User management – Selecting this allows you to invite your coworkers to your my.priva.com account.
- Cloud operator
- Edit settings – Selecting this allows you to change settings in the computer systems you are connected to. If your do not select this, you will only have “read only” access which means you can view settings but cannot change them.
- Rename installation parts - Selecting this allows you to change the names of the climate zones and the equipment inside the zones.
- Site Management – Selecting this allows you to access the access the computer systems.
- Cloud provisioning
- Manage connected systems – Selecting this allows you to add computer systems to your my.priva.com account.
Step 6) Add computer systems to your account. Once you have an account set up and you have rights to manage your connected systems, you can connect your Priva computer systems to your account.
- If you are not already logged in to your my.priva.com account, use your login name and password to log in. This is needed so that my.priva.com knows which account to connect the computer system to. If you are a Priva partner, you may have multiple Priva accounts. Make sure you are in the correct account by first logging out of the account and then logging back in. As part of the login procedure, you may be asked which account you want to access.
- Go to the gateway setup page in your Priva Operator.
- Open up the Cloud tab.
- Click on the ‘Register’ button.
- Click on the “Add location” button. This indicates where your Priva computer system is located. Since an organization can have multiple Priva computer systems, each system will need a unique location. You will be able to switch between locations within Priva Operator.
- Once you have added a location, you can select it in order to connect your Priva computer system to that location.
- Note that it usually takes at least 15 minutes for the registration to complete. You will need to wait before you can connect to the system via your my.priva.com account.
Step 7) Start using the cloud connection – Once the registration is complete, you can reach your Priva system from wherever you may be. Just go to my.priva.com and log in.
Step 8) Invite your coworkers. When you are logged into the cloud, start up the Access control app. As the account administrator, you can click on “add user” to add your coworkers. You can also determine what rights your coworkers have. Once you have invited your coworkers, they will also get invitations to connect to my.priva.com