You have an invitation for the use of the Priva Services that the Access Control administrator of your organization gave you access to. Use the link in the invitation email to accept the invite. Invites are valid for a limited time as specified in the email.
After clicking the accept invitation link in the email, you enter a screen where you have to choose if you want to use your Microsoft Azure AD identity, or to create a Priva account, or to sign in to your Priva account if you already created one before.
- Use your Microsoft Azure AD identity
If your organization uses Microsoft Azure AD to manage user identities, then you can use your corporate account to sign in to the Priva Services (Single Sign On). Azure AD is the built-in solution for managing identities in Office 365. So, if you have Office 365, then you can choose to use your Azure AD identity for Priva Services. If you don’t know if you have an Azure AD identity, ask your administrator.
Using your Azure AD identity has following main advantages:
- You don’t need to create a separate Priva account, with credentials you need to memorize.
- If you ever leave the organization, your administrator doesn’t need to remove your Priva-account, because it will be removed by removing your corporate account.
- If your Azure AD identity is protected by security enhancing features like Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA), these will automatically be enforced when you sign in to the Priva Services as well.
- Create a Priva account
It is possible to create a separate Priva account. Only advisable if it is not possible to use your corporate account.
So, in the screen you enter after clicking the accept invitation link in the email, choose:
- Microsoft Azure AD
to sign in with your Azure AD identity. If your Azure AD identity is not linked to the Priva Services yet, this will be done in the next step.
- if you want to use your corporate account.
- Create account
to create a Priva account.
- if you haven’t created one before AND if you can’t use your corporate account.
- Sign in
to sign in using your Priva account.
- if you already created a Priva account before.
Note that a corporate account and a Priva account cannot be linked to each other in Access Control. This means that once you made your choice (Azure AD vs Priva account) on the 'Accept invitation' page, you captured your choice and can from then only sign in using the account you’ve chosen. If you change your mind, you need to ask your administrator to send a new invitation.
The verification code to verify your email address expires after 5 minutes. Press the 'Send new code' button to receive a new code. Note that if you click this button, the code in previous email becomes invalid.