Resetting the default admin user account removes its user's password and permissions. After resetting, you can set the new password and permissions. For example, if you forgot the admin password, you could reset the account.
- Connect your computer to LAN 3 of the Edge Gateway.
- Configure your computer’s Ethernet port IP address to 172.16.1.*** (where *** must be a free number between 2 and 254).
- Go to http://172.16.1.1/auth/support
- Click Reset admin user.
- Connect your computer to LAN 2 of the Edge Gateway.
- Go to Access Control Local via http://<IP_address_LAN2>:5001
- Set the new password for the default admin user account (username ‘admin’).
- Set permissions for the default admin user.