Priva has introduced a feature that allows the installer to make a backup of the configuration of a controller. This backup includes the input and output channels as well as the operator settings. This backup can be restored on a new controller in the unlikely event that there is an issue with one of your Compass controllers and it needs to be replaced.
Priva recommends that you make a backup of the settings every time you modify an input or output channel or update your software to the latest release. This will ensure that your backup contains the most up-to-date configuration. To verify that a backup has been made on the controller, the Compass will trigger a backup alarm if it detects that inputs or outputs have been changed since the last backup. The backup alarm can only be cleared by making a new backup.
You can use this procedure to make a new backup.
- Enter the Gateway setup. To enter the gateway setup, you will need to enter the PIN code. This is the code that allows you to get into the installation menu and has been set by your installer.
- In the Settings tab of the Gateway setup you will see all the controllers that are connected to the gateway. Click on the Device Setup button of the controller you want to back up. This will take you to the controller setup page.
- Click on the sprocket on the page to get to the application setup screen.
- Click on the BACKUP button to initiate the backup procedure. Follow the prompts on the screen to make a backup file.
- The backup procedure will produce a Compass Backup (.cbu) file. Make sure that you store this file in a safe place in case you need it later.
What do I do if I forgot my pin code?
Where can I find previous Priva Compass controller releases?
I get an "Alarm 43 controller has not been backed up". What should I do?